About the company
This opportunity is with an integrated workspace design and build services firm that has been a leading brand name in workspace design. The company specialises in design and build projects and over the last decade, they have successfully completed more than 350 projects and delivered more than 15 million square feet of workspace design projects in India. Over the years, the company has partnered with several prestigious clients to create their ideal workspace.
They are currently looking for and experience candidate, who will be responsible for undocked accountability of projects from Pre-bid Stage to Project Closure. As part of this role, ideation and value addition shall form the crux of the performance. The individual will be closely working with all teams in the organization to ensure that the project is aligned around driving client-oriented outcomes. The role revolves around sustaining business growth and profitability of the company by maximizing project values, providing right advise and feedback to the client.
Pre – Bid Stage
- Support Business Development Team to gather required data and documentation for pre-qualification process.
- Identify pain points and wish lists of clients and help create documents and strategy for client engagement.
- Study the given client’s business model.
- Support Business Development Team to create and validate MEDDIC (any other process driven approach that the company may adopt in future) created by them.
- Support BD team in offering unique value propositions (uniquely tailored-commercial teaching) that the company a can bring to the given client.
- Evaluate type of competency available in team to offer above value propositions. If not, plan on outsourcing the same.
- Receive feedback at every stage of the project, sensitize the team and implement.
- Aggressively respond to any client feedbacks and needs.
- Collaborate closely with Business Development Team to identify clients’ requirements, pain points, wish lists, their company culture, business needs and all technical parameters.
- Strategize, drive/execute and win the overall bid and pitch along with Business Development by understanding clients’ business model, business needs and create unique solutions and value for the clients.
- Strategize and validate design bid and pitch along with the Lead Architect to ensure all aspects of the RFP and value addition are captured through the design. To validate that the design proposed is aligned to overall winnable solutioning by the company.
- Plan for contingencies and risks in the bid.
- Have clear answers (strategy) to following:
1. Why should we be awarded the project?
2. How will we win the project?
3. How do we establish our competence compared to competition?
4. How do we address possible and ongoing objections against us?
- Clearly spell out project’s aims and goals which are aligned to the Client’s aims and goals.
- Ensure timely delivery and thorough review of designs, costs, presentation decks and all related documents for submission to ensure all requirements are met.
- Make P&L for the project.
- Go beyond the obvious to add value to the pitch / design to ensure winnability of project.
- Monitor overall quality of the pitch and deliverables.
- Create documents and methodologies to effectively communicate the value and solutions to clients in the most cutting-edge manner.
Project Execution Stage
- Align to client’s KPI and project’s goal.
- Certify cashflow prepared by project manager in consultation with Finance and Project Manager.
- Moderate con-calls between the client and in-house teams; address various issues on both sides to ensure seamless progression of the project.
- Plan for contingencies and risks to be planned independently and tallied with PM’s risk.
- Periodic review of drawings, documents, schedule, budget tracking and proactive risk management with Design and Project Management Teams.
- Periodic health check of overall project with respect to various parameters.
- Ensure that the design intent is met both through drawings and on-site execution.
- Cross verify overall status of project, open action items, costs and timelines through vendors and clients.
- Represent the technical “Voice of the Customer” within the company to inform and influence different teams and align.
- Be empathetic and have a positive attitude with a desire to help clients reach their goals.
- Handle and resolve client requests and complaints.
- Advice and educate clients towards the right solution.
- Ensure seamless communication between clients and the organization throughout project duration.
- Act as the point of accountability for the clients and within the organization.
Project Closure Stage
- Verify that the training sessions and complete techno-commercial closure is exercised in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Improve on-boarding processes and improve handover experience to the client by offering client assistance beyond project.
- Engage client and procure feedback on overall project experience and formulate a Lessons Learnt document.
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with Client even after project closure.
- Document business-value driven customer success stories.
- Plan for post-handover survey.