About the company
This opportunity is with an integrated workspace design and build services firm that has been a leading brand name in workspace design. The company specialises in design and build projects and over the last decade, they have successfully completed more than 350 projects and delivered more than 15 million square feet of workspace design projects in India. Over the years, the company has partnered with several prestigious clients to create their ideal workspace.
The candidate will be a part of the company’s design studio designing Corporate / Workplace Interior projects, working closely with the design team and responsible for developing design concepts for corporate interior projects and leading pitches. The individual will be responsible for developing design concepts for corporate interior projects and leading pitches.
Senior Interior designers need to use their sense of style, to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Develop design concepts and produces Layouts based on client needs.
- Meets with clients to program the project requirements.
- Takes accurate as-built measurements for developing floor plans and elevations.
- Create design concepts and digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, and fixtures.
- Presents design concepts and takes detailed notes to address customer requests.
Senior Interior designers must address challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials, while keeping the project on time and within budget.
- Familiarity with all phases of projects, potential issues, and proven history to produce projects
- Knowledge of industry construction costs and material costs
- Basic ability to prepare furniture cost estimates
- Creative eye for detail in preparation of design presentation materials
The candidate needs to be imaginative in selecting furnishings and fabrics and in creating spacesthat serve the client’s needs and fit the client’s lifestyle.
- Creativity and imagination
- An eye for design, including colour, and good 3D awareness
- The ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Good drawing and IT skills
- An interest in changing trends in design.
The individual needs to be precise in measuring interior spaces and making drawings, so that furniture and furnishings will fit correctly and create the appropriate environment.
- Working to a brief, which details what the space will be used for
- Inspecting and surveying buildings
- Researching and drawing up rough plans
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Supervising the work as it is carried out.
The candidates must possess a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness, to understand how pieces of a design will fit together to create the intended interior environment.
Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create ‘mood boards’ to sample your design vision.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Senior Interior designers needs to be able to communicate effectively with clients and others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and self- starter
- Programming abilities to extract information and produce reports
- Collaborate with the cross functional Team and get the work done