About the company
This opportunity is with a prominent company specializing in the design and construction of corporate interior fitout projects throughout India. They serve multinational corporations as their valued clientele and boast decades of experience in the industry.
They are currently looking for a professional to lead an interior design team dedicated to producing functionally beautiful spaces for the clients. The individual will be responsible for bringing new approaches to design process and strategy, develop next-generation talent, and help the company’s clients redefine their product and themselves. In addition to this, develop overall interior design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative leadership to the interiors team through a variety of project types.
- Leading the creative interiors efforts on client projects, developing overall design concepts and designing presentation strategies. This individual will be the key person to manage the existing client relationships and develop new ones.
- Programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
- Advising on the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), colour palettes, and lighting.
- Supervising the generation of finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction.
- Providing design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts.
- Working with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.
- Mentoring and providing creative direction to interior design teams.
- Acting as the primary interior design interface with clients and consultants.
- Collaborating with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy.
- Participating in business development and marketing efforts.
B.Arch., M.Arch. (Specialisation Interior design)
- Experience in creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies.
- Extensive Design and delivery project experience, international project exposure ideal
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships
- Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients.
- International design experience a plus
- A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, colour selections, and specifications
- Experience with Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant software
- A strong sense of Ownership, Analytical, Strategic thinker, good relationship building skills, conflict resolution skills and a problem solver.
- Design development, financial acumen, people management, systems and process approach
- Business Acumen, Dealing with Ambiguity, Result Orientation, Process orientation, Leading & motivating, interpersonal effectiveness